Whether you are into sweat-inducing Boxercise classes or yoga that transports you to the foot of the Himalayan mountains, Paddington Sports Club has lots to offer when it comes to working out.
Always keeping in mind our motto to lead healthier and happier lives, we take pride in offering a number of group fitness classes to help achieve your fitness goals in a friendly environment. From Pilates to HIIT workouts, our enjoyable group classes will ensure you benefit from a fun and effective workout whilst achieving quick results.
Our classes are led by our qualified fitness instructors who will be there to guide you, motivate you and more importantly, make sure you are having fun!
Please note, all fitness classes are complimentary with your membership.
Benefits of our group fitness classes:
· Our group classes decreases stress hormones and increases endorphins, therefore making you happy!
· Our classes increases blood and oxygen flow to the brain and the chemicals that help cognition.
· Our exercise classes reduces stress and helps to maintain a healthy weight in combination with a balanced diet.
· Attending regular classes can strengthen your immune system and help you beat infections and viruses.
Due to current Coronavirus restrictions, our fitness classes are unavailable at the moment. Please note, we expect our fitness classes to return in September at the latest.
COVID Secure - How we are making our Gym safe for you
Paddington Sports Club Gym is certified COVID secure and has introduced COVID protocols for the safety of our members and staff.
Over the past few months, we have been working hard behind the scenes to create a safe environment for you to visit and have made some changes to how we do things in line with social distancing measures:
· There is sanitiser in every fitness room along with anti-viral wipes and sprays.
· We have increased our cleaning routines but are also asking members to clean machines before and after each use.
· Our machines are now spaced out and some have been moved to the exercise studio and balcony to allow us to comply with social distancing restrictions to meet current legal requirements.
· Social distancing markers have been placed strategically around the gym floors to help members stay a metre apart at all times.
· The number of members in each fitness room at any one time will be restricted to one person on each machine, with no others being allowed in the room in order to comply with social distancing restrictions.
· Three members will be allowed to work on free weights in the weights room at any one time.
· We kindly ask all members to adjust their workout routine around these restrictions on numbers.
· We ask all members to bring their own mat if they wish to stretch or do floor exercises. The club's own mats have been placed in storage for the time being, as cleaning them between one members use and the next is not practical.
Entrance - please enter the gym through the side of the clubhouse (from the garden). The side door will be left open and clearly marked so you can go straight upstairs.
Exit - please leave through the fire doors at the back of the gym to keep a one-way system in place. Please respect this one way system, in order to protect each other, as the stairway is too narrow to allow two-way traffic.
· What we are doing to keep you safe
Keeping you safe and healthy is our number one priority. That is why we have introduced new cleaning procedures and social distancing measures, which have been guided by the experts at UK Active, the UK Government and Public Health England.
· We will be sanitising gym equipment throughout the day and cleaning the entire club every night.
· Common touchpoint surfaces like (gates, door handles, handrails etc) will be cleaned daily.
· Ensuring our cleaning measures adhere to Public Health England, UK Active and the UK Government guidance.
· Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials will be located at various locations around the club and gym for members to use.
· We have provided training for all team members on our new way of operating, ensuring both member and team safety is always a priority.
· Clear signage is in place throughout the club and gym to help enforce social distancing, cleaning, and hygiene measures.
· Our fitness classes will not be running for the time being.
· We have installed plastic shields at our reception desk and have provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to all staff members if necessary.
· The ventilation systems in our gym operate to Health and Safety Executive and Government guidelines for reopening our gym.
· How you can keep yourself and others safe
To keep our gym as safe and clean as possible, we need your help too. We ask that you follow a few simple rules when you visit.
Before coming to the gym:
· We ask that anyone feeling unwell or showing signs of any symptoms does not visit the club and follows NHS guidance.
· Bring a full water bottle as the water fountain is not in use.
· We advise against wearing face masks as these can hinder your breathing while exercising, and gloves are not recommended as they cannot easily be cleaned - please use the hand sanitiser provided instead.
While you are at the gym:
· Follow the social distancing signs and keep to the one-way system and try to stay at least a metre apart from others at all times.
· Before and after a workout, wash your hands properly.
· Please clean the equipment before and after use with the spray bottles and tissues provided in multiple locations around the gym.
We appreciate that these new conditions are not ideal, but they are necessary to allow us to get back out there and exercise again, while ensuring that we meet our broader responsibilities in protecting our community.
We hope that the above measures make sense and are proportionate to the situation we all find ourselves in. We will be monitoring gym usage closely to see if it becomes necessary to introduce a booking system for busy times, but we hope this will not be necessary.